2018 was a crazy year for Kylie Jenner. She gave birth to her daughter Stormi and was Forbes’ fifth wealthiest celebrity. Kylie decided to end the year with an Icy Blue look that we are loving. Want to know how to get this look? We can help.
View this post on Instagram
Rumor has it that her hair stylist used Lime Crime’s Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color Tint. Depending on your desired shade of Icy Blue, you can start with platinum hair, like Kylie, or your natural hair color.
According to Lime Crime, this is how you apply their unicorn semi-permanent hair color tint:
You’ll need: gloves, applicator brush, clips, bowl, & an old t-shirt or cape. Cover all surfaces and clothing you do not want to get hair dye on as Unicorn Hair can permanently stain.
- For best results, start with clean, unconditioned, dry hair. Full Coverage shades work best with pre-bleached platinum to medium blonde hair and add a tint of color to dark blonde and light brown hair. Tints work best with pre-bleached platinum to pale blonde hair.
- Wear protective gloves and pour desired amount into a bowl.
- Section hair into 4 even sections (root to tip & side to side) and secure with clips. Work in 1 inch wide strands. Apply color evenly from root to tip with applicator brush. Begin at the root of the hair, applying color evenly through to the ends. Massage each strand with fingers, root to tip, to ensure even distribution of color.
- Leave Full Coverage shades in for 30 minutes. Leave Tints in for 45 minutes. No heat/cap required. For more intense, longer-lasting results, leave color in for 1-2 hours. Don’t worry, Unicorn Hair will not damage your hair, as it does not contain any harsh chemicals or bleach!
- Rinse hair in cool to lukewarm water until hair feels clean. More intense shades may not rinse clear for the first few washes. Do not shampoo. Conditioner optional.
- Style to your liking & enjoy your new Unicorn Hair!
Always do a patch & strand test to make sure you feel comfortable using Unicorn Hair, & to determine the color saturation you like.
Will you be going Icy Blue in 2019? Let us know in the comments below!