Clip in hair extensions are a temporary way to add volume, length, and dimension into your hair. Clip in hair extensions come in a variety of texture and color which is great for everyone! Whether you’re looking to add some fun temporary color or extra length for an event, clip in hair extensions can give you the option to change your hair at the click of a clip. If you invest in higher end hair extensions (100% Remy intact human hair) you’ll want to take care of them like it’s your own hair. Below are our recommended steps to washing your clip in hair extensions:
Washing Your Clip In Hair Extensions:
- Remove your clip ins from your hair and face them down. Wrap each one, in their sections, around each other. Start with the 1 clip wefts and then the 2 clip wefts. Continue on depending on how many wefts you have.
- Once they are wrapped together, use a hair tie to secure bundle.
- Use a Wet Brush to brush through and make sure they are tangle free.
- In your sink, start with one bundle and use lukewarm water to wet it. Using a dime size amount of hair extension safe shampoo, lather the bundle. Use lukewarm water to make sure the bundle is clean of shampoo.
- Next, repeat the washing process using hair extension safe conditioner. Leave conditioner in the hair for a few minutes. Rinse out the conditioner using cold water to seal the hair cuticle.
- Lay out a towel and place the clean bundle on it. Dab the access water from the bundle. Make sure you do not rub the hair as it can tangle.
- Let the bundle dry on the towel. After it’s had a chance to drip dry, hang in a safe location.
- Repeat steps with each bundle.
- We recommend allowing your clip ins to air dry. If you need to use the clip in hair extensions right away, make sure you use a heat protectant before blow drying.
Use your best judgment with how often you wash your clip in hair extensions. The less you wash them, the less likely they are to fade. Remember that your clip in hair extensions are an investment and it’s important to treat them like you would your natural hair.
Have any washing tips for clip in hair extensions that we missed? Let us know in the comments below!